Tuesday 30 June 2009

Lessons Learned at the Journey's start


I think I border on being obsessive. Before I make a decision about a major purchase or lifestyle change I research mercilessly. I did this before my microlocks installation. I thought I knew everything there was to know about microlocks but being in Marie's professional hands highlighted that I know very little.



Only a professional can turn your hair into a living work of art

For those of you contemplating microlocks or Sisterlocks, please choose your consultant wisely. Be guided by your consultant throughout your journey and temper the urge to 'try out' a solution offered by another person about your hair and its care.

I learned that my hair is peculiar to myself. While someone might have a similar texture to mine chances are your hair will be very different and so what works for you will not necessarily work for me. One has to be cautious about giving and taking advice from websites and blogs. So my blog will be about MY hair and MY journey. Hopefully it will inspire and help someone along the way.

I have found an excellent, professional consultant who sports a glorious head of manicured locks. They testify to her skill and dedication so I know my locks will be fabulous but only if I trust her and follow her instructions.

Marie will be very embarrassed about this post but I value her highly and look forward to working alongside her as a partner in cultivating a glorious head of locks. (Marie, I do take debit and major credit cards!) So let the journey begin. YAAY!

2 comments:

Radical Selfie said...

Very cool! I've had locs for almost a full year now, and I started them myself from two-strand twists. I've also recently loc'd my oldest daughter's hair, and am happy with the decision, despite the nay-sayers. I'm glad you found something you love about your hair, and I'm sure your locs will grow beautifully!

Britlocs said...

How great to hear form you. I see that you're a writer and I would love to read your work.

Thank you for your comments. My sister also stared her amazing locs from two strand twists. I am more dexterously challenged and so couldn't do it!

I am jealous cos you live in a part of the world that I love. I lived in GA when I did some work experience.
Drop by again soon.