Tuesday 30 June 2009

400 steps to Freedom

I am now the proud of a head full of glorious microlocks lovingly installed by my fantastic consultant Marie of Cammalocks.
Although excited about the installation I was anxious about what the final result would look like. It was one thing to have several sample locks but quite another to have a head full of them. And what about the dreaded 'plucked chicken' look?
Marie honed in on my anxiety although I did my utmost to be brave. She patiently answered every one of my questions - and goodness knows how many questions I asked over the two days I was with her.

After 20 plus hours of tireless work, she installed the last lock with the words 'welcome to the microlock family' and then as if on cue the Chaka Khan song... 'I'm every woman' came on and then I was surrounded by a translucent white light. OK, so I jest with only two of the three being actually true. But the truth was I was quite emotional about it - why? Who knows. But the results are great. I love them and I am looking forward to the journey. Judge for yourselves.



Installation completed
Look at uniformity of the grids




5 comments:

Evie said...

Beautiful!!! Ok...I now have a SERIOUS case of loc envy! LOL! Marie did a great job and your locs looks lovely. I'm sure they will grow into a majestic set of locs. I know that I'm on the right path and as soon as my hair reaches the 'ideal' length for installing Sisterlocks, I will be joining you on this journey. Again, just beautiful... Congratulations!

Maryee said...

Congrats and welcome to the family!!!!!

Britlocs said...

Thank you Evie, I love them. Although I had done my research I was shocked at just how thin they are. I'm looking forward to the changes over the coming months.

Thanks Maryee. I really feel like I am in a family.

Expanding Beauty said...

congratulations on locing, welcome to a wonderful journey and get ready to absolutely fall in love with your hair!

fizz said...

i love the grid pattern..it looks beautiful!